Ambassador Vena Amoris
About Vena Amoris
1. What is the first thing you drink in the morning?
Coffee with my boyfriend outside while walking our dog Boris every morning.
2. What was your favorite jewelry piece to design out of all the ones you have done? Why?
A platinum eternity band with pink diamonds I made for myself when I turned 32. It's a symbol of a promise I made to myself and I never take it off.
3. What song would be the anthem of your design process?
I have a whole Spotify dedicated to this with a diverse amount of albums, from The Perfect Circle Blue to Lady Gaga Diamond Heart.
4. What advice do you have for others entering your profession?
Be prepared! You are going to cry from frustration at times, you are going to be hungry, you are going ask yourself why am I broke all the time. Remember, you do this because this is something that is part of you. You live it, breathe it. It is your passion. In the end, be proud of whatever you create.
5. As a designer, where do you draw your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from my undying love of history, culture and an on going quest for knowledge on how jewelry design has changed through the ages.
6. If you could meet anyone in the world, who do you want to meet? And why?
There's many people I'd like to meet, but I strongly believe life gives you what you need. So if I'm meant to meet you, I will, famous or not. Every person you meet leaves something of themselves behind and effects you. I embrace those things.
7. What kind of person wears VA Jewelry?
Vena is for those people that carve their own path in life. If you look at people like Boudicca, Marcel Duchamp or Aleksander Rodchenko (some of my inspirations), they didn’t let society or rules of the norm define what they did or created. In much of the same way, those that wear Vena are making a statement of independence.